Thursday, May 24, 2012

More Furnace Ducting.

The middle section that hooks into the furnace. There is  a fair bit of prepping that goes on with each section before it can go up permenantly.
The west section. It don't look like much, but this stuff is pretty time consuming for an old boy like me. There are only 3 sections and the east one is still in progress. Had to do some more planning on where the registers are going to be exactly. I always have a good idea what I'm going to do, but it is never for sure until the time comes. Then I seem to see little problems with this or that and end up having to change my plans a bit.  
It's all starting to look like some kind of a heat system.
 
 
Disclaimer--IMPORTANT


This is a personal blog, mainly for my own use. I am building a house with my own two hands, but I am learning alot of things as I go. I do not claim to know what I am doing, or if anything I do is even close to being done correctly or safely. So please, if you are planning on using any of my ideas or methods for your own use, please get professional advice before actually following through with your actions. I will not be held responsible for any injuries or damages of any kind caused by information or comments from this blog.

5 comments:

  1. Thanks Evano and Lynnanne. It it a bit of pain in the ass, but it does get easier with a little bit of practice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a good job there for an ‘old boy.’ ;D The degree of the furnace’s efficiency depends on the duct. Thus, planning the positioning of the register filters is necessary. It appears to me that the joints were properly sealed. Just make sure the ductwork isn’t too tight to balance the system. ;)

    - Jamaal Milner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Installing a furnace is not an easy task. You should’ve considered hiring reliable furnace technicians to do the installation for you. This is their job, they have the expertise, which means that they know where and how to install your furnace. Anyway, I hope you were able to install your furnace properly.

    -Mechteld Abelli

    ReplyDelete
  4. That’s quite a lot of work, but I’m pretty sure you can do it. I After all, you do seem like a handy man on this sorta thing. Just make sure that you have the right safety gear and equipment when modifying the plenum. It can cut or slash your finger because it has a sharp edge.

    *Launce Newlove

    ReplyDelete