Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Furnace Installation Mostly.

I'm still playing around with furnace stuff. I did'nt do alot with it over the weekend. Went into town on Saturday thinking I was going to pick some needed items up, but as usual, it just was'nt that simple. I had to wait until Tuesday to go into the furnace shop, as it was a long weekend here in Canada. So I played around with various other things instead of all furnace stuff.

I had some company come over on Monday, and they brought some goodies to bar b que. All I had for a b b que was my ancient old piece of junk that was'nt working so well anymore. But I did have a brand new one not even assebled yet, stashed away in the garage. It's been there for a couple years now I think. We quickly put it together anyway. Nice. I've been meaning to get this baby together for some time now.  
The battery box all painted and almost ready for action.

The plenum for the furnace needs a little modifications in order to fit under the stairs. This was quite a job.
Still modifying the plenum.
The finished product.
There it is sitting on the furnace under the stairs. Nice fit.
Now I gotta cut a hole in the front of the plenum and join this 90 degree elbow up with the plenum. There is another piece that goes in between the two. I'm not real fond of this furnace installation stuff and can't wait until I am workingon a  new stage of the house project. The almighty drywall mudding is still patiently waiting for me.

It's been raining pretty steady here all day yesterday and today. The river is flowing pretty wild again.
 
 
 
Disclaimer--IMPORTANT


This is a personal blog, mainly for my own use. I am building a house with my own two hands, but I am learning alot of things as I go. I do not claim to know what I am doing, or if anything I do is even close to being done correctly or safely. So please, if you are planning on using any of my ideas or methods for your own use, please get professional advice before actually following through with your actions. I will not be held responsible for any injuries or damages of any kind caused by information or comments from this blog.
 
 
 
 

13 comments:

  1. A small cabin with a wood stove make heating pretty easy. No furnace or ducting - just a chimney pipe that helps heat the cabin. But then I do live in a warmer region. - Margy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ya, I hear ya Margy. I'll bet I won't even hardly use this thing. It will be a nice luxury item at times though, and it will make things alot simpler when it comes to the insurance company also. Also the permit people told me awhile back, that I need some means of circulating heat around the house. Might as well put a furnace in and be done with it. I want to keep the house all permit approved and the place will be alot more sellable if I should ever decide to sell it. Also, if I get injured or sick, laid up and am not really up to playing with wood etc. It could come in pretty handy even if the generator needs to run it. I know my power system will probably never keep up to this thing all the time in the winter, but the winter is more than likely woodstove season anyway. When I'm home for sure anyway. I do like to experiment with things and have different options. I am away for days at a time in the winter, and if the charge system will run this furnace, it will be alot more economical than the propane space heaters to keep things from freezing up. Installing the furnace is'nt on my list of favorite things to do, but it is a good experience just to gain the knowledge. I did'nt know much about it when I started on this project, but I am alot smarter about now. That reminds me, I still get to install my woodstove sometime after this furnace. I actually can't wait until winter comes Margy, so I can use the woodstove. I sure hope it's a cold one this year. lol. It is not uncommon to see temps as cold as minus 40 here. Hey don't forget to let us know when you guys are on that extreme houseboats show. I probably don't get that channel, but I'll try and find someone who does.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a lot of talent Mark! The things you have done, or made yourself for your home amaze me...
    Great looking cooker too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks a bunch Jeanie. Sometimes I even amaze myself. Only sometimes though. lol. The cooker works pretty good. I should have put it together a long time ago. I'm glad I got that little job done, and it was good having the help that day too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. To ensure its efficiency, it is also important to consider where your furnace will be. The furnace needs to be placed on a spot where it allows the smoke run to the chimney as straight as possible because a straight smoke pipe allows for more air and it enhances the overall effectiveness of the furnace to heat the entire house. It will also be better for the furnace to be located in a central location as it will help all rooms to receive roughly same level of warm air.

    Darryl Iorio

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Darryl, there is no chimney. lol. It is PVC pipe and it has alot of 90 degree bends in it, as per the installation instructions, because of the shortness of the pipe run. It is a high efficient furnace with no B vent type vent.

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the usual furnace instillation which explain above clearly it really helps for those who wanted to install furnace in their house. So this is is a great sample page on which may help for those home owners nothing to worry about.-furnace installation in Northridge-

    ReplyDelete
  7. Installing and building the furnace duct is definitely not easy, but I’m impressed you were able to do it pretty good. You have to be very precise in cutting every piece and forming it so that each duct will fit perfectly together. You seem like you clearly knew what you were doing! How is your furnace doing now?

    -Jamaal Milner

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like what Darryl said, it is important to consider where your furnace will be . Installing it in the right place will allow you to make full use of it. A furnace is a great investment especially now that the weather is getting cold, we all need to warm up our place.

    -Mechteld Abelli

    ReplyDelete
  9. Home heating uses light fuel oil because it is easy to burn without expensive equipment Industrial Heaters

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice details you shared here about furnace installation. Really great thank you very much, and appreciate this work

    ReplyDelete
  11. This post gave me perspective on the best way of installing new furnace. I thought before that installing a newly-purchased furnace is just fine to read this article that gives more detail about installing a furnace.

    New Furnace Installation

    ReplyDelete