Monday, May 7, 2012

Campfire Cooking and House Building.

      Wow, I guess I forgot how to upload some pictures. This pic took 10 to 15 minutes to upload, then I was trying to upload another one  of the campfire cooking taking place. It was even longer, but the computer froze up in the process and I canceled. I sure don't know why. Is anyone else having this kind of problem, or is it just me?  I had planned on putting quite a few pictures on tonight, but I give up for now. I'm going to publish this one, just to see if  I can. Sometimes I really don't like change.
     This is all I got for now. My supper cooked on the fire. I wrapped the frozen veggies in tinfoil with some fresh garlic and butter. And the potatoe was sliced and wrapped in tinfoil and put on the grill over the fire also. The smoky was shoved onto a stick. lol. I like my suppers simple when I'm doing the cooking, and usually I am cuz dogface (Traction, the dog) has'nt learned how yet. I'll probably have the exact same thing again tomorrow because I still have 3 smokies left. I have been using the RV fridge and freezer again which is kinda nice.

     Ok, anyway. I have been doing quite abit on the house lately. I do have most all the drywall up, just a few smaller pieces to go and it will be ready for mudding. I always seem to run into other things that need done before the drywall can go up, like plumbing the bathtub so I can drywall the pantry, etc.  I have been working on alot of different projects. I work on the water system until I run out of supplies, then electrical, then the drywall, and this and that. Then it is usually a whole day in town picking up supplies again. I seem to do alot of thinking and planning at times also, as I go. Pricing out batteries and solar panels. Trying to figure out just how to build my battery encolsure etc. I was thinking about going with 24 T105 Trojan golf cart batteries or something similar, but now I'm thinking about 12 of something much larger and more expensivebatteries. It will be more simple and take up less space in the basement. It will probably be more feasible in the end.
   I purchased a forced air furnace and am waiting for it to come in, as it was a special order. My goal for this summer is to be living in the house before winter. I know it won't be complete, but I do hope to have the mudding done, heat, power, water and siding on the outside. Then I can work on the ceilings (probably T & G pine), flooring, cabinets etc, while I'm in the house.  I know it would be nice to have it completely done before moving in, but I am simply too cheap to be heating two places. I'm not sure exactly when we will start to get busy at work again, but I sure hope things hold off for awhile yet. I am just about ready to call it done for work, but then I just want a little more. I am heading for some pretty major expenses soon, and would like to make up for it with a little work income after all the spending before making a major lifestyle change.
     I'll try to get some more pictures up real soon, maybe the net was just too busy tonight or something, hopefully.


Disclaimer--IMPORTANT


This is a personal blog, mainly for my own use. I am building a house with my own two hands, but I am learning alot of things as I go. I do not claim to know what I am doing, or if anything I do is even close to being done correctly or safely. So please, if you are planning on using any of my ideas or methods for your own use, please get professional advice before actually following through with your actions. I will not be held responsible for any injuries or damages of any kind caused by information or comments from this blog.



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've really been busy :) Well done!

    Don't forget to allow for ventilation of your batteries in your basement. You don't want to be breathing in the fumes from the batteries.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dani. Ya I've got a little ventilation system planned for the battery enclosure. I will have both an incoming vent(from outside to the bottom of the box) and an outgoing vent (from the top of the box to the outside. The incoming air will have some kind of vapour catcher for condensation from the colder air coming into the warmer house. This is the plan for now until I hear of some reason not to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great looking campfire feast Mark, lots better than meat on a stick! :)
    Glad to see you're eatin' good while doing all that work.
    Your house progress sounds good too. I'm sure the place is looking nice!
    I'm having google/blogger/photobucket problems too. It used to be a lot easier to get pics posted. Guess that's why I haven't posted on my blog much lately. lol
    Hope you have a nice week Mark! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jeanie, but it(supper) aint nothing too fancy. The house is coming along little by little. I'm finding that all that small dry wall pieces seem to add up to alot of work too. Just about got it now though. There is one closet left to do and a couple pieces in the loft, but I need to leave it open for a bit, because there will be some ducting for the furnace, and heat recovery ventilator going in there. More thinking to do. You have a nice week too Jeanie.

    ReplyDelete