Monday, August 10, 2009

Basement Stuff Happening




I did'nt do anything yesterday. Well actually I did. I was thinking. lol. My life story, but the thinking part is done for now. I got a bit a of late start today as it was raining pretty good when I woke up this morning (monday morning) . Things were sticky out there at first this afternoon, but it did'nt take long and I was back in action. I got alot of the basement dug, but it is quite time consuming and I imagine it is going to get even more time consuming as I get close to grade. This basement is probably the most precise thing I have ever had to do with my backhoe. The footings are supposed to sit on undisturbed soil, and if I go too deep, it will add up on the cost of concrete rather quickly. I guess. Most real good basement diggers usually get it all to within 1/4 of an inch. lol. If I get it to within 1/4 of a foot, I will be laughing. I think I am going to have to weld a plate along the teeth of my digging bucket to try and be like those pros and get a smoother finish. Well anyway, the main thing is, I'm digging. I am really enjoying it also, doing my own project, I can do it all at my own pace and not worry about some jack ass telling me what to do all the time.

7 comments:

  1. WOOHOO!!! You go brother!! I can see the curtains on the windows already! Oh and let me know if you need a special flower holder for your new place...LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks great Mark! You're doing a fine job with that hoe, I can't see where you need a plate, looks mighty smooth to me.

    I need a few trenches dug around here...do you hire out? lol

    Congratulations on getting it started Mark.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hermit,
    It is so nice and convenient when you have the tools and equipment for the job. I'm happy for you. Little by little its comin' along. ~jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cath, if you do bring your flower holder tool, can you maybe do it before I have windows installed? You know, just in case.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Jeanie, but I think the picture might be lying to you. The plate makes a big diff little lady. If you need some trenches Jeanie, just say the word, we'll work something out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Jen. I have been stocking up on all my tools and equipment for quite a few years now. They are all earning there keep for me now. I am a little slower getting some things done, but it just dos'nt matter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ye have little faith, my friend! LMAO

    ReplyDelete